Tuesday, March 3, 2009

More Trade Rumblings And Transactions

  • Penguins released Miroslav Satan. Satan had an unexpectedly poor season up to this point and this frees up cap space for any trades or offseason moves. Satan only had 17 goals, 19 assists which really wasnt much of a drop-off from last year's numbers. It'll be interesting to see who signs him
  • Probably the bigger story is the Rangers signing Sean Avery. Avery had been suspended following his now notorious comments about his ex-girlfriends dating other NHLers. Look, I know what he said was pretty bad but I think people take him way too seriously. I wonder how he'll fit in with the Rangers and if he'll be able to contribute after so much time out of the league
  • Jay Bouwmeester could be headed to the Flyers before the deadline, but there are also several other teams supposedly in the hunt for the Panthers player.
  • The Pronger rumors continue to heat up and noone really knows where he'll land. Personally, I could care less. As long as he goes to the Eastern Conference, out of my sight, I'll be fine. But it looks like he'll land back in St. Louis, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment